Pocono Environmental Education Center
PEEC is one of the most respected and recognized residential environmental education centers in the northeastern United States. This unique public/private partnership has with-stood the test of time and has served the education community for over thirty years. Approximately 24,000 people visit our non-profit facility annually.
The purposes of PEEC, as stated in its by-laws are to:
• Serve the people as a residential center for environmental studies
• Convene institutes, workshops, and symposia for formal and informal educators concerned with the development of concepts that enhance a sanative environment
• Develop and implement education programs for use in kindergarten through high school, college and university, as well as adult and continuing education
• Establish and maintain a network of educators and education resources concerned with the development of a concept that maintains a healthful and healing environment
• Publish diverse reports, newsletters, texts, and units of study concerned with the development of a concept of conservation of human and natural resources mission. The Pocono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) advances environmental awareness, knowledge, and appreciation through hands-on experience in a natural outdoor classroom.
PEEC is located on the Pocono Plateau in northeastern Pennsylvania. The campus is situated within the boundaries of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (DEWA/NRA), twenty miles southwest of the tri-state junction of New York, New Jersey.
538 Emery Road
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania 18328-9614