Accepting Applications for Zoning Officer
May 5, 2021
The Delaware Township Board of Supervisors, Pike County is accepting applications for a Zoning Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To administer the Zoning Ordinance in accordance with its literal terms.
- To receive and check all applications for Zoning and Sign Permits and Certificate of Occupancy and to make notations about special conditions attached thereto.
- To issue Zoning and Sign Permits and Certificates of Occupancy only for structures and uses that accord with the regulations of this Ordinance or as directed by the Zoning Hearing Board or a court. Zoning Permits or Certificate of Occupancy shall not be issued where a request concerns a property in a subdivision that has not been approved as required by the Ordinance Regulating Subdivision and Land Development (Ordinance 107).
- To record and file all applications for Zoning and Sign Permits and Certificates of Occupancy, together with accompanying plans and documents, and to keep them for public record.
- To issue Certificates of Occupancy for non-conforming uses and to examine them periodically to determine that they are not expanded beyond the limitations prescribed in this Ordinance.
- To be responsible for keeping of the Zoning Ordinance, including the Zoning Map, up to date, and to include any amendments thereto.
- To participate in all proceedings before the Zoning Hearing Board, and to furnish whatever facts, records, and other information that the Board requests.
- In the event of a violation of this Ordinance, to notify in writing, by registered or certified mail, the person responsible for the violation, indicating its nature, and ordering the action necessary to correct it. Such action may include an order to discontinue illegal uses of land or structures to discontinue illegal work being done or to remove illegal structures or additions, or structural alterations thereto.
- To institute proceedings in courts of proper jurisdiction for the enforcement of the provisions of this Ordinance.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors, developers, residents and elected officials.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and updated case files which may include letters, notices, photographs, etc.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office and permit manager)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One year of municipal zoning/code enforcement experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of general construction experience.
- Valid drivers license with safe driving record.
- Flexible availability Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm.
Krista Predmore, Township Administrator